Monday, July 19, 2010

JULY

Dear Family and Friends,

My mind is full of things that I would like to write, so many things to say and catch you up on…too much to say in one letter. My desire to write each week is so strong, but my follow-through is lacking!!!

I am going to keep this short and hopefully send out several emails over the next few days to catch you up on what has been going on in our lives since we arrived in Chile.

For today, I write with a few answers to prayer and a few additional prayer requests.

ANSWERS 

• We asked that you pray for all of our hearts and minds…that we can rest in His peace and that He will heal all of our hidden places of fear, anxiety, pain, etc….

We are still works in progress on this one, but we do feel and are resting in His peace. Overall the tremors are minor now...it is rare that we actually feel anything anymore. Thank you so much for your prayers.

• We asked that you pray for language learning

I, Robin, have received news that July 30th is my final day in formal language study. I had an evaluation last week and I am to the level at which I need to be for formal language study. I WILL BE continuing language study on my own as I have A LONG way to go!!!

David is in language 2 times a week at this point in time and hopes to begin three times a week around October. Please pray for him as this is an area that can be frustrating for him as he must acquire the language here and has little time to use it consistently. 

Due to a wonderful gift from a precious church in Missouri, we have been able to have the kids in some formal language classes during this month of July while they are out of school—they are enjoying it and are learning a lot.

PRAYER REQUESTS

• We asked that you pray for a new church home.

We visited many churches the first 6 months and for the past month have been attending one church in particular. Please continue to pray with us as we truly seek to know if this is where God would have us.

• Please pray for David as he is in Brazil until Wednesday for their “mission meeting”. Pray for good communication, for relationship building and for a safe trip home.

• Pray for the three individuals that I have had an opportunity to share with in my limited Spanish. These are teachers in our language school…some who have been touched before by others before me. Pray that the seeds planted would grow!

We can’t thank you enough for the prayers you lift up on behalf of our family. Please continue to let us know how we can be praying for you (thank you to those of you who do share)!!

Blessings,

Robin for the Stow family

No comments:

Post a Comment